Sunday, August 31, 2008

The next weigh in


So I had a bad experience at the OB office on Friday. It was going to be just a normal visit, but then they informed me that I had a 2700 dollar o-pay. No Good. So I explained to the secretary that I just needed to talk to the financial counselor, so she put me on the waiting list. ONE HOUR AND 20 MINUTES LATER... I got to see the doctor and they just told me that I can deal with the co-pay next time.

I am starting to dread these appointments, not only for the co-pay drama, but for the weigh in time. I know that I am going to gain weight, but there is something about seeing the numbers on the scale that scares me.
I know I a growing another human inside of me....
I know that I am going to gain weight....
My genetics say I should gain a ton of weight....
I started off loosing weigh because of all the nausea...
So to summarize I am gaining... the healthy way (smile)

6 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Alyssa, I hd a friend who would NEVER look at the scale when she was pregnant. She would stand on it backwards... ask them not to tell her, they wrote it down in her record and as long as her doctor didn't say she was gaining too much, she didn't worry about it. You could always try that!

I hope you get the co-pay thing figured out... what a pain!!

You look amazing! :)

Anonymous said...

Alyssa, you look beautiful, healthy, radiant, and you are carrying a healthy baby. That's all that matters. You will lose the unwanted pounds easily when you nurse. Nursing burns lotsa calories. :) You see, God works everything out nicely for us! Love you!!

Heather said...

You look radiant! Good luck with the copay situation.

Anonymous said...

You look perfect, Alyssa! I would cringe every time I got on the scale as well. In the end, I gained about 40 pounds. I've already lost 20 pounds 2 weeks after Ethan being born. I lose about a pound every couple of days. Just pray you're not 10 days overdue like I was, Then you'll have less total weight and that's when my stretch marks really got bad, but what can you do?

Anonymous said...

You look A-MA-ZING! And you look very happy :)

Anonymous said...

You look great! Your going to have a healthy baby and you will see that it is all worth it. Nursing is the BEST diet ever! Eat, eat, eat!

P.S-Baby #2 is on it's way to the Custode house!

Miss ya,
Jamie
xoxoxox