Monday, September 22, 2008

More memories from FL

This was totally the tourist thing to do, but for $5 who could resist. This is a view of the lighthouse from the bottom of the square. We hiked up 208 stairs to see the views from the top.


The square had three houses where the light keepers lived. The estimated that the houses were built in the late 1800's. It was so interesting to see the floor plans of the houses and how they lived.

In the houses were articles of clothing and items they found on the grounds that belonged to the people who lived there. This was totally something that my Mom would have made us stop at on the good ol' family vacation and here I am voluntary going with my husband. It is funny how much like my mother I actually am turning out to be. Love you mom.

And what post would be complete without a picture of James making me laugh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am giggling!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That is 100% a mom-inspired trip! Did you use the AAA book as a guide? =P

Adrienne said...

Hey - I've been up in that lighthouse!!