Monday, March 9, 2009

O Precious sleep, where have you gone


I can't remember when the last time I got a full nights sleep without interruption. When I was pregnant I had to pee every 2 hours and now I have to feed the baby in the middle of the night. Last night he went to bed at 11 and got up to eat at 5:30. I was pretty stoked!! My only problem is that he will not go to sleep on his own. I am open to suggestions. I have tried to lay him down at various times.... wide awake, almost asleep and just asleep. All result in him screaming. I tried to just let him scream and see if he would go to sleep, but after 45 minutes of crying and he just got more and more angry I couldn't take it anymore.
What do you suggest?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

time my friend, time! Then just snuggle with him. He won't want to so very soon! H

Anonymous said...

I agree with H. It just takes time. He is still so little. Ashley was EXCATLY like that. Enjoy all the snuggling with him that you can get.

phillips phamily said...

Hi, Alyssa! I feel for you, girl. Each of my children were different when it came to sleeping. The first one I rocked to sleep for over a year. I did not make the same mistake with the second. The problem is they are all so different. Whatever it is that you find works, make sure you want to do that routine every night. It was harder breaking the rocking habit than letting our #2 scream. Good luck!

Julie McCoy said...

Swaddling helped both my kids sleep, I bought "The Miracle Blanket" and they slept longer and better :) Good luck!

Sarah said...

Wrap him up super tight with a blanket or at least that is what worked for my kids. Also enjoy this time with him. He will not want to be held and snuggled with forever. He is going to grow up so fast and I know that it can be tough, I am sure you notice the bags under my eyes on more then one occasion. Just keep thinking about the positives, like 6 1/2 hours of continuous sleep! Didn't it feel amazing? I love you friend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alysa, Maybe try some rice cereal. Maybe he's hungry?