Sunday, October 5, 2008

Getting ready for baby


Well James is not too sure why we are having to buy tons of stuff for this new member of our family that is so small. He reluctantly went driving around looking at garage sales and we found the exact crib that I have been wanting. We are both realizing not only how expensive this little thing is, but how different our lives are going to be when he gets here.
I am so amazed every day, every time he kicks and squirms, that I have such a miracle growing inside of me.
I am so blessed to be able to grow this baby and care fro it before he is even here. I am not taking this job lightly. It requires lots of sleeping and resting while James is working and even generous amounts of ice cream.

Sorry I have to get sentimental and share my prayer for tonight:
Lord, I will never be worthy of this life that you have trusted us to show this child who You are. Show me how to love him, how to discipline him and more importantly how to point him to you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alyssa! you look great :)
nice crib... we have one that is almost identical... you have good taste. See you soon!!

TigerFamily said...

Love the crib. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the room. You look fabulous too! I am loving the weekly pictues. It is so neat to see the change from week to week. Hope the scrubs help you out. Sorry I didn't have more. m

Anonymous said...

Keep in mind that you were 8 pounds (the Dr's guess) at 36 weeks, born 6 weeks later (catch that? TWO weeks late!!) you weighed 8 lbs. 13 ozs. No matter, Love you forever!!

Sarah said...

You look beautiful! Being preggo looks good on you! One thing you will learn quickly is how expensive kids are. You would think that it would get cheaper as they get older because you dont have to buy diapers or separate food, etc but no. Gwen just notified me that she would like a hot air balloon for Christmas. Not a ride in one she want the actual thing so she have a ride whenever she wants. I told her that I didn't think it could fit on Santa's sleigh. Can't wait to see you! Lve you!

Holly Brim said...

Haha, tell Gwen if she gets a hot air balloon, she's going to have to give me a ride!