Friday, May 16, 2008

I have been slacking


I am sorry friends that it has been 5, wow, days since I have updated you on our lives. I worked all this week and had today off. Getting up early and having to really use my brain power has been making me so tired. Not to mention the nausea has kept me quiet, but today I caught up on some much needed sleep and spent some quality time with my sweet husband. Here is my official "before" picture. If you know me at all, posting this is very hard because I know that I do not have a flat and perfect stomach. And I am very sensitive about it. But in an effort of humility here it is.

We did get approved for insurance, Yeah! Just waiting on the packet of info to make the first MD visit. James is still looking for any job possibilities and God is giving me grace to accept His timing, which is obviously not my own. Thanks for your prayers!

7 comments:

rk said...

Alyssa,
Your comment was so sweet. Thank you so much. Ok, as for the tummy... you are so, so, so beautiful!!! I am so glad my brother in law taught me how to blog. Feel like I've made a new "pen pal" friend. If it makes you feel any better, for some reason I named my tummy "happy" (silly I know), but for some reason when I make light of it when I'm feeling chubby, I feel better.

Blessings,
Roxx

Shan said...

congratulations on the baby news... that's so exciting!
hey, i'm not trying to be nosey, and i'm sure you already know this, but just be careful working around chemo. & around people who have just had PET scans while you're pregnant (and using the same toilet...etc.). i know cuz my husband went through chemo when i was 7 months pregnant with our 2nd daughter and we had to be careful about some things like that. i'm totally NOT trying to get in your business, but that's one of the 1st things i thought when i read your last blog entry. ~shan

Anonymous said...

Alyssa!! Congrats on the baby! You and James are going to be great parents! And just think of it this way now you get an excuse to eat whatever you want! I love you and miss you! ~your cuz Tracy

Anonymous said...

I see him! Baby... ???? Jeffrey Culin! =D Love you! ~EV

Anonymous said...

hmmm....that belly looks vaguely familiar. Like MINE, I think, about 28 years ago. :) Love, Mom

Sarah said...

Alyssa you are beautiful! None of us are perfect eventhough we want to be. If anyone knows about God's timing not matching with our timing its me. Don't worry things will work out just as His perfect plan needs to.

Holly Brim said...

WOW you took a picture of your stomach? And you posted it on the INTERNET! THE WHOLE WORLD COULD SEE!