Friday, May 9, 2008

Mr. Mom


So I decided to be a servant and help out our host family. Heather and Carlos were in need of some quality time (hint, hint, wink, wink). So they left today to visit a friend out of town. Well being the gracious friend that I am, guess who gets to watch the kids today and tomorrow...me. Which by the way Alyssa is at work so the "dude" gets to be mom for a day. Nothing too crazy so far (knock on wood). A little crying but as soon as Enchanted started, the tears turned to song. (I'm starting to hate the Working Song by the way) Losiah decided that his food isn't good enough so Seanna was subject to drive by looting. When he did decide to eat his own he proceeds to take his peanut butter sandwich and use his shirt to scrape off the peanut butter (again) and lick his shirt clean. Those asians man. But he did go down for his nap without a protest (God is real, I'm telling you). Now I await, not knowing the adventure that lies ahead when the third one comes home from school in 2 short hours. Will she cry knowing mom and dad have left for a few days? Will she be indifferent...they're coming home and now I get to do things that I don't normally do because you know when the cats away the mice blah blah blah...? Will she torture her poor defenseless caretaker? Excited, sad, accepting, angry, happy? Sounds like the first five of the twelve steps doesn't it? How do you think it's going to go? Or went depending on your time of viewing of my humble posting.

PS Being the great husband that I am, I'm also getting up with the kiddos tomorrow (for those of you that know me, sleep is in my top three things to do list. One is connecting with God and the other is something that Alyssa doesn't like for me to talk about). I'm going to make breakfast and teach the girls about Saturday chores (raking, weeding, etc)...that doesn't sound like fun? That was what we did when I was a kid...that's not as fun as Saturday morning cartoons? I guess that does sound more fun...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am proude of you James. Have a fun watching the kids and don't make them work too hard.

Love mom