Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mr. Fix It!!!

So I'm pretty new at this pregnancy thing. I don't have anything in common with NBA players(not all I suppose but ALOT!) when it comes to being a multiple father. But here I am about to be a father. Now I'm a typical guy. There's something wrong...fix it. Don't complain. Roll up your sleeve and get to work. So my wife and I are in the awesome nausea phase. Everything makes her sick (except pickles and salt). We have a new car...she has to drive with the windows down because it "stinks" in there. We currently have 12-15 air freshners in the glove box. Every few days I try a new one. We're on mango right now. Orange? Nope. Coconut? lasted 1 hour. Apple? Nada. It smells like a fruit stand when I get in but all she smells is something a bloodhound couldn't find. I just don't know what to do. Yesterday she told me I smelled like hotdogs. I hadn't eaten a hot dog in a week yet I smelled like one. Don't know what to do. We tried to have lunch Tuesday...she tells me to pick the place but my suggestions(just suggestions) made her sick. So I tell her to pick and she started to cry. How do I fix that? I am at a loss fellas. I need some FYI's. Some inside info. The DL. No doubt. I will say that my mother in law, who is great, sent me a book.



I'm hoping there is some sort of insight into what I can carry around to help a brotha out. I'll even wear a fanny pack full of remedies. A Batman utility belt. A roadside assistant kit. So what else does the WWW have to offer. Guys anything? Ladies too...but please don't give me the you just have to listen and be there. I already doing that. I'm looking for tangibles. Carry mints, saltines, febreeze, don't eat hotdogs, etc.

6 comments:

poipuppy16 said...

Bro, I love you very much but I have no advice for you. I will pray that God gives you the wisdom. I hope all is well. I will try and give you a call later, or if you have a second give me a ring.

Aloha, Mike

Sarah said...

Well, it sounds like you are doing a great job already James. Some things that helped me were the smell of mint, peppermint tea and gum, and eating a cracker before I got up in the morning. Oh and also taking my prenatal vitamin at night, that was probably the most helpful. When I was pregnant I had super senses too so if something doesn't sound good to her she won't want to smell even a hint of it, this is when the mint helped. She probably will cry a lot but keep doing what you're doing by listening and being there. I know that you want to fix her and I am sure that it is frustrating, but just know that this is just God preparing you for being a father because sometimes babies cry and you can't figure out how to fix them. It's kind of His way of easing you into fatherhood. It's a great time to learn about God's peace. Enjoy what you can and know that nothing will never be the same....it will be better!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

If she happens to want a Big Mac at 8am, just call McDonald's. I promise they'll make one for her... and then you can go pick it up. Yes... I know from experience! haha

Anonymous said...

Ginger Altoid (I found them at Trader Joe's)!

lizzygrl42 said...

Definitely pre-natal vitamins at night, right before bed and in the morning, before even raising her head from her pillow, a couple of saltines. Those things helped me a ton. Keep it up... you're doing great!

Unknown said...

Dude, I feel you! Chrissy, at about the same stage craved chilly dogs. So about a week later I made myself a chilly dog. Chrissy happened walk by the kitchen & caught a wif of it. That was all it took.I think about 3 weeks of food came up. Yuck! I went to baby r us and bought preggy pops. They really worked. Basiclly anything sour or anything w/ginger in it will help calm her stomach. You may want to watch the salt in take as we all know salts help retain water. Same goes for suger. Sugars will make her gain wieght fast. Prenatals are a great idea. The target brand seems to work for chrissy. Oh and the best advice I can give you is start rubbing her feet especially in the morning while she is sleeping. Major browniee points!Good luck brother and God bless you three.