Monday, December 8, 2008

We really did try everything!


So I have to admit that I was a little desperate this last weekend to get this baby out of me. We really did everything that we were told...... and I mean everything (hint hint). I went for long walks, jumped up and down, ate spicy food, jumped on one leg, walked on curb, bear down to try to break my water, ate egg plant and when all of that didn't work I turned to my little bottle.
James had been reading online how horrible all of the women felt when they did it, but Mom was here so I wanted to try it.

NEVER DO THIS! It tasted so horrible. The Castor oil tastes like make-up and it is so thick it coats your mouth. I felt like throwing up for about an hour..... then the hot fury (as James calls it) began. I had 3 rounds of diarrhea and not one contraction. I do not recommend this method.

Still no baby. The Lord again is working on my patience. I have decided to pray for a healthy baby and a healthy delivery whenever the baby is ready and the Lord decides.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patience young lady! I was dialated to 3 with Emily & it felt like her head was between my knees for almost a month before she was born. You are forgeting that this baby will come according to Gods time table and He knows when its time. I know it seems like you've been pregnant forever but enjoy the miracle while you can. You will have a lifetime to enjoy your baby.

Angie Funches said...

Oh my oh my! I bet you wont try this with the next one! :-) Keep trying my advise from the other post. It will work, eventually. And enjoy it all now, becuase once this little bundle of joy gets here, sleep and play time is going to be minimal. LOL but it sure is fun following along!

Sarah said...

Oh Alyssa! I love you! Maybe you'll go to the doctor this week and he will tell you to go to the hospital, hey it happened to me!

Anonymous said...

The Fruit will drop when it is ripe! H

TigerFamily said...

You make me laugh! I was oh so wishing to hop on over here and see pics of your new little bit....hang in there girl. Poopy diapers and sleepless nights will be here soon enough. I know, I know, not soon enough for you...unless that is tomorrow:) Can't wait to hear the news. m

Anonymous said...

Hi Alyssa, James, and Jani!!!! I was thinking you would have had that little guy by now...hang in there! Did you get my gift for the baby yet? I realized after I mailed it that I didn't include the card, but I will mail that later when I know his name! Good luck...have your mom call me!

Love,
Jonie and The Big Dork too! LOL

Anonymous said...

Do we have a Fool Moon tonight? Maybe you'll be on your way tonight or tomorrow. I'll be waiting. It was great seeing you and James last Sunday, and your Mom is so beautiful, she looks like she could be your sister.

Angie Funches said...

Do we have a baby yet???

Anonymous said...

I tried that last time, too. Didn't work at all. I threw up and had diarrhea. Awful, awful, awful. We pray the baby comes soon. I know how those last few weeks are, you're so ready!