Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dilemma



Vs.



So I've had a dilemma all week. I had a dry spell as far as work goes for some time. In fact one of the main reasons for moving to a better "market" was to find work in this recessive time. So first two months....nada...I had a few bites here and there and a few offers that turned to no offers. Then this week all of a sudden TWO offers. And both for companies that I would work for. Completely different: telecom vs printing. I have print experience so naturally I wanted to do that one. But the offer from them was a little lower for the first 6 months than Tech Sol. So as I was turning the print company down they upped the offer. Now it's better in both. I really like the manager for Tech Sol and it's work from home. So the dilemma was a great company initially vs a great and better company in a year (with lot's of work until then). No aversion to hard work. So all this to say I've had some serious sleep deprivation and headaches all week because I didn't know which one to take. Ultimately it came down to residual sales knowing that in two or three years it becomes a much easier job. I am going to be a new employee at Geographics Printing. A little more pressure there since they don't normally hire someone with no previous business. So they are taking a chance on the kid. I'm excited. Thank you all for your prayers...I'm back baby! I'm excited about making normal money again (people who don't know me, I used to be a youth minister).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! That is so awesome!

Sarah said...

That's great congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! It's so exciting to see prayers being answered, we are so happy for you guys, and all of the exciting changes ahead. Talk about being hit with a lot of "NEW" things all at once!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, now I can come up for air. I'm so glad for you and Alyssa, I been praying for both of you. Congratulations on your offers and on your Baby. Carmen W.

rk said...

Oh my goodness, I am so relieved you all have this problem of picking between two jobs vs no job. Stress from choosing is better than stress from nothing. Yeah! You all are fun to follow. Blessings! Will be fun to see what's next.

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyyy... The Phammer.

Chris Stuckey said...

Congratulations James!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!!!! I've been praying that an opportunity would come. I can't believe you were offered two to choose from.

rk said...

How's the new gig going?

Roxanne Kristina @ www.sharingnotes.blogspot.com