Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lazy Sunday


Today was not too exciting. James and I messed around, looked at townhomes, went to the movies, ate lunch and later took a walk to Bruesters. It is an ice cream chain we do not have in CA and I love ice cream, so I had to show and tell. Here you see me eating some yummy ice cream. Never fear- I got the frozen yogurt and we walked the 3 mile round trip to get there(still trying to loose weight :). I will just tell myself that the walk canceled out the ice cream.

As for this morning, going to church is so different now. Its not about how I feel walking through the doors, or who is looking and judging and asking questions I don't want to answer, feeling uncomfortable, feeling unwelcome and disconnected from a family; even though I know none of that should matter. I am here to hear God speaking to me. Today we started a series about Faith. A topic I will undoubtedly expound upon in depth at some point. For the first time in a long time, it was just me listening to hear what GOD was telling ME, Alyssa. I am excited to be moved, again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah! on the ice cream, and i think the 3 miles canceled out the ice cream, and part of dinner, right? and for the church part, thanks for the reminder that we get so distracted with the crap between ourselves and others, that we lose site of what we are really there for. to give God our time, our ears and our worship. rock on girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

Alyssa,
I thought about you yesterday as you started your new job. We enjoyed meeting ya'll (welcome to the south:) at Carlos and Heather's. Hopefully we will cross paths again!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Bruster's ice cream. It is one of the huge indulgences that I get when we are in Georgia. Dan and I thought it would be fun to open a Brusters in CA. I am so jealous of you right now.