Thursday, April 24, 2008

You have got to be kidding me

James didn't get the job. After 2 weeks of interviews and driving and taking tests and working a 9 hour day they informed him that this is not the right time. I might have been a little angry and wanted to call that man and give him some of my thoughts on the disrespect he just showed my husband, but I did not. I might have even shot myself in the foot when I told God that we cannot go back into ministry. we shall see.. eeek...


As for me, I was the mad scientist today. This is Shana' (pronounced sha-nay). She is the pharmacy tech and I was her assistant. She has the sweetest laugh and a fun southern accent. We had a great time talking. The above picture is where I was mixing chemo under the hood and looking up chemical compositions and compatibilities (Jeff would be so proud). I actually did it all myself today. I mixed every chemo administered by the nurses. I am so proud. Tomorrow I get one more day of mad scientist then I am off for the afternoon to learn the insurance side of things, which I am sure is not as fun as today, but good experience. bla bla bla

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

James, try not to be discouraged. God has a GREAT job out there for you. Alyssa, are you going to pick up a southern accent now? We shall see... Love you guys, Mommy Musich :)

Anonymous said...

-Sigh- I would hire my brother on the spot. Maybe that's what i need to do. Become wealthy by some means, and hire the guy. Now, what could I do...



miss you both terribly. Call me tomorrow if you have a chance. love you.

Ruthie's mamma said...

Alyssa,
Wow I can't believe you are mixing chemo and working with adults. You are brave! I'm glad you found a good job with a great schedule. Is it nice getting off in the afternoon? I'm going back next weekend part time which I'm very happy about but I know it is still going to be very hard for me to leave Ruthie.

Anonymous said...

God is good and faithful to all His childres who seeks Him. I turst that God has a different plan for James in his time.

But the Lord's plans stand firm forever, His intention can never be shaken. Psalms 33:11

Love you both a lot...
Mom Culin,

Anonymous said...

I would have wanted to do all those same things, Alyssa. I'm so sorry that you feel discouraged. Know that we love you and will be praying that God is gracious in providing an amazing job for James because of his extreme patience.

Sarah said...

Can I just say that I know how you feel! I am sure that God has the perfect spot for James and you guys will be amazed and how well it will fit him. Don't be discouraged! Just remember Philipians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." The answer you got might not have been the one you were looking for but let God's peace guard you until the perfect job comes.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you guys! And dont worry all things will work out! Always smile my friend!
~Ashlyn