Friday, April 4, 2008

Still Looking for Jobs

So James has had 2 interviews. One with a company that he wouldn't really want to work for and the other for a head hunter that is looking promising. Good for him.

As for me.... PEOPLE, is there a nursing shortage in this country or not? There has got to be a better way. So I cannot go to a hospital and talk to nurse managers and inquire about the different ward/unit that I wish to work on- I am stuck in Red tape land! Apparently how they do things out here (this is not how it was done in the CA) you have to fill out an application online, then submit your resume, then wait for a nursing recruiter to call you back (which can take weeks). Then they forward my information to the nurse manager who reads it when they get a chance. Then they may call me or may not. By the way one online application took me 2 hours to complete and I am not slow.

Needless to say... I am trying to enjoy my time off.

In other news, it rained a ton, flash flood style with thunder and lightning and everything and there was a tornado warning for the state of GA. That was exciting. We watched the crazy two lane hwy traffic and decided to stop and see a movie.

I promise I will be in a better mood tomorrow.

5 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

We're praying that 2 hour application pays off and you have a job SOON... so the first thing I learned when we moved to Tennessee is that they don't do ANYTHING like they do in California! haha Some of that is a good things... others, not so much. Sometimes I look at the way people do some things here and think, "Really?! You just made that WAY more difficult than it has to be!" Haha Welcome to the South!

Unknown said...

Keep your head up, hoops are not fun to jump through, but unfortunately they are needed. Plus the exercise lowers cholesterol! Praying and thinking of you guys daily.

Anonymous said...

You guys are in our prayers !

Bazal said...

Alyssa, I'm sure this is kinda weird as I have never met you. I found your blog through Carlos Whit. (Funny thing is I have never met him in person either, ha.) Anyway, sorry to hear about your job woes. My wife's mom works as a nurse in the pre-op, post-op heart surgery unit at Kennestone hospital (Wellstar hospital) in Kennesaw, GA. If you would like our help we would be glad to pass your info. along and see if maybe you could avoid some red tape.

My wife Heather and I actually attend Buckhead Church and I volunteer on the production team. Maybe we will meet you and your husband sometime. Our email address is thebazals@gmail.com .

Anonymous said...

On one of my visits to see Dan before we were married, there was the scariest lightening storm. I was so freaked out. Dan said it was normal but there was nothing normal about the sound and amount of lightening. The bugs too. I have never seen such huge and loud bugs in my life. That being said, I loved it in Georgia. You will too. Totally different pace. People are friendly. Lots of restaurants. We will be in ATL for Dan's 20 yr HS reunion in August. We would love to see you all.